What is a Mobile Friendly Website?
A mobile friendly website is just like what it sounds: a website that functions and displays properly across all mobile devices. It is specifically optimized to allow mobile users to easily navigate, view and understand a website, without any frustrating hiccups or hurdles.
Why Should Your Business Have a Mobile Friendly Website?
If you want to stay competitive in today’s market, having a mobile friendly website isn’t just an option; it’s a necessity. After all, 80 percent of all Internet users own a smartphone, and mobile web use actually overtook traditional PC web use in 2014, meaning more people are using their phones to access the web than they are laptops, desktops or any other older form of technology.
Don’t you want to make sure your company can reach these users, convert them and profit from them? If so, then your site needs to be optimized for mobile devices at every turn.
To make matters even more dire, the mobile friendliness of your website also impacts your SEO performance, too. Google actually considers how well your site functions, displays and looks on mobile devices, and factors that into your search rankings.
The better your site performs on mobile, they higher organic rankings you’ll have. The more mobile problems that crop up, the more your rankings will plummet. And which camp would you rather fall into?
What is Mobile Responsive Design?
Responsive design takes mobile friendly websites a step further. A fairly new technique, responsive design lets your website adapt and adjust to any size screen or browser window, so no matter what type of device is used to access it, there are never problems with display or functionality.
Whether your site is shown on a desktop, table, a smartphone or even an e-reader, with a responsive design, it will always be re-formatted and arranged for optimal display. It will be easy to read, browse and navigate, and there will be no need for tedious zooming or sliding just to get around.
Why use a Mobile Responsive Design
If your website isn’t mobile friendly, it may be time to consider changing to a responsive design, before your traffic and search rankings start to drop.
Here are just a few benefits you can enjoy with a responsive design in place:
- You get a modern looking website without having to invest in expensive mobile app development or technology.
- You serve all web users with a single source. With only one source to maintain, you save time and money over the long term.
- You improve your SEO results.
- On June 6th, 2012 Google officially declared responsive designto be the best approach for delivering both desktop- and smartphone-optimized sites. Additionally, it also announced responsive design and mobile usability are now factored into Google’s search rankings.
- With a single, responsive design, all your site’s inbound links point to one location. This ensures a high search ranking across all platforms and better visibility with your target audience. To simplify it, instead of counting the mobile link to the desktop site and losing that ranking for mobile devices, all your links now add up in one central place, giving you more SEO firepower on the whole.
- Your audience will have a better browsing experience and probably a better impression of your company and/or service altogether.
At Spot On, all the websites we build are completely mobile friendly and responsive. We know how important this is to your site’s performance and search rankings, and we pull out all the stops to ensure you have the best, most effective web presence around.